Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How to make yourself more comfortable

Isn't this sickness so delibitating? It affects our hands and feet, our fucking limbs! So yes, I understand how difficult it is to get around and 'do stuff'.

I had to wear cotton gloves for a few years and remember being so self-concsious about it. Nicknames included Michael Jackson. The important thing is to let your skin breathe as much as possible. When you're at home, walk bear foot. Wear sandals or whatever shoes that has at least a bit of circulation. Sweat is a dangerous issue and can lead to flare ups/outbreaks.

Use the ointments I recommended in my other post.

I know it's difficult but try to stay calm during flare ups. You could give 'chi kung' a shot or Tai Chi. These require much less movement than say, Yoga. And you know how hard it is to be 'agile' with your conditions. If you smoke, do your best to give it up. Alcohol also swells and irritates the skin so avoid that too, especially during flare ups.

If were like me, always picking at the blisters, then they have a tendancy to leak. It leaves that sticky stain on your socks etc. Spray some deoderiser on the affect areas. The best I used was a tea tree oil spray from Australia. Wrap your foot in gauzze then wear 100% cotton socks. And again, try to wear sandals etc.

Count yourself lucky if you live in a rather low humid environment. I live in Hong Kong where the humidity is intolerable!

If you have trouble falling asleep as I often did, take some Camomille tea and melatonin.

No comments:

Post a Comment