Tuesday, November 30, 2010

List of ointments and medicines

I've taken way too many Chinese herbal medicines to list them. Besides I do not have the prescriptions any more. And they wouldn't be in English. If you do want to try Chinese herbal medicine the most I could do is refer you to the last one I saw. He is in Hong Kong.

Ointments, creams, lotions etc:
I will avoid using water-based lotions because I've been told to keep my hands and feet as dry as possible. I have tried E45, vinegar, sea salt, aloe vera, topical steroids, oatmeal and snake oil.

I wholly recommend Kalaya's Skin Repair with Emu Oil from New Zealand. It is the most soothing moisturiser I've ever used. Emu oil is also boasted to have really good nutrients for treating sensitive skin. I couldn't live without when my skin became dry.
When my hands become unbearably hot and irritated, I would either pour a good few drops of

French 'Ricques Peppermint Cure' oil or pour some into iced water and drench my hands and feet in it. Peppermint is cheap and effective way to cool the skin and also has some anti-bacterial properties. The bottles are small so they're handy to bring around.

Another handy item to bring around is this Tea Tree Oil spray from Australia. I'm sure there are many on the market. It mainly acted as a water-based deoderiser but with the all important Tea Tree Oil.

Vitamins & minerals:
Over the years I've tried Primrose Evening Oil, Fish Oil, Chinese herbs, all sorts of detoxifying tea.

The best results I've seen is Milk Thistle. I've taken them for about a year and it boosts my liver to help get rid of the toxins. My condition has slowly improved once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment